The 2015 Postgraduate Program will take place on Thursday, November 6, 2015, 7:00 am – 12:00 pm, in conjunction with the STSA 62nd Annual Meeting at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
The Program will begin with a new session featuring mistakes and pitfalls case presentations. Presentations will describe how faculty got into and out of trouble during a case, providing attendees with invaluable tools and tips for troubleshooting in the O.R. Presenters include Anthony Estrera, MD (Houston, TX); Scott B. Johnson, MD (San Antonio, TX); and Thomas Wozniak, MD (Indianapolis, IN). J. Michael DiMaio, MD will also deliver a presentation about mistakes and pitfalls of starting a medical imaging company.
The Postgraduate Committee has planned timely subspecialty-specific breakout sessions on the topics of general thoracic, adult cardiac, and congenital heart surgery. Breakouts will feature the following talks and expert faculty:
- General Thoracic Breakout Session
- Pancoast Tumor Resection – Anterior Approach │ Garrett Walsh, MD (Houston, TX)
- Robotic Thymectomy: Tips, Pitfalls and Long Term Outcomes │ Richard Freeman, MD (Indianapolis, IN)
- Integrating Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy Into Clinical Practice │ J. Matthew Reinersman, MD (Oklahoma, OK)
- Adult Cardiac Breakout Session
- Valve-sparing Root Replacement Techniques │ Edward Chen, MD (Atlanta, GA)
- Minimally Invasive and Off-pump Placement of Durable VADS │ Simon Maltais, MD (Nashville, TN)
- Aortic Transection & Stenting │ Himanshu Patel, MD (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Congenital Breakout Session
- AV Valve Repair in Single Ventricle Patients │ Paul Chai, MD (New York, NY)
- Tricuspid Valve Repair │ Joseph Dearani, MD (Rochester, MN)
- Body & Brain Protection During Arch Repair │ Jorge Salazar, MD (Jackson, MS)
Following the breakout sessions, the plenary session will reconvene with two excellent talks on special topics in cardiothoracic surgery. The Postgraduate Committee is delighted to include on this year’s program an ECMO talk by Robert Bartlett, MD (Ann Arbor, MI) and a talk by Glenn Whitman, MD (Baltimore, MD) on the Role of the CT Surgeon in the ICU.
The 2015 Postgraduate Program will conclude with a must-see Special Session talk titled Heart Valve Surgery: A Lifelong of Learning presented by Tirone David, MD (Toronto, ON).
- View the full 2015 Postgraduate Program agenda.
- Learn more about the 2015 Postgraduate Committee and its planning process.
Registration, housing, and the full educational program for the 62nd Annual Meeting will be available in mid-June. Mark your calendar and make plans now to join STSA in Walt Disney World® for an excellent educational event.
Contact STSA Headquarters with questions about the upcoming Postgraduate Program and Annual Meeting by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 800.685.7872.