Active Membership is for Board-certified cardiothoracic surgeons who currently practice or have previously practiced cardiothoracic surgery for at least one consecutive year, have completed a thoracic surgery or general surgery residency program, or have completed a thoracic or cardiovascular research or clinical fellowship for at least one consecutive year in the Southern region.
Annual membership dues for Active Members are $275. New members pay a one-time $150 inititation fee. Members receive reduced Annual Meeting registration fees of $400 (compared to $600 for non-member physicians) and are required to attend one meeting within the first four years of their membership to confirm active status.
Active Member Application Instructions:
1. Review the requirements for membership and complete the application.
2. Provide a current copy of your Curriculum Vitae and bibliography.
3. Have two members of the Southern Thoracic Surgical Association who are familiar with your current practice read the completed application, review the requirements, and submit a letter of recommendation. Only one sponsor may be a partner or associate of the applicant.
4. Mail, e-mail, or fax the completed application (with letters of recommendation if they have been supplied to you) to the address below.
5. The deadline for consideration of any application is September 15. Applications received after September 15 will be deferred to the following year’s committee.
Send your application materials to:
Dr. Edward Chen, Membership Committee Chair
Southern Thoracic Surgical Association
633 N. Saint Clair St., Floor 23
Chicago, IL 60611-3658
Phone: (312) 202-5892
Fax: (773) 289-0871