The STSA Postgraduate Committee is tasked with creating the Association’s annual Postgraduate Program: a four hour educational session comprised of invited talks on pressing topics in the field of CT surgery. The 2016 Postgraduate Program will take place in conjunction with the STSA 63rd Annual Meeting on Thursday, November 11 from 7:00 am-12:15 pm in Naples, FL.
2016 Postgraduate Committee Members include:
- Paul J. Chai, Chair
- Scott A. LeMaire, Chair
- John H. Calhoon
- Andrea J. Carpenter
- Robert J. Dabal
- Melanie Edwards
- Richard K. Freeman
- Kirk R. Kanter
- Daniel L. Miller
- Chad N. Stasik
The Committee has reviewed 2015 Annual Meeting evaluation data and various other resources to identify existing educational needs and practice gaps in cardiothoracic surgery. The 2016 Postgraduate Program agenda will be published in the Spring issue of STSA News next month.
2016 STSA Annual Meeting attendees can look forward to the following Program highlights:
- Invited talks on ECMO and best practices for blood conservation;
- Adult cardiac, general thoracic, and congenital breakout sessions featuring complicated case presentations;
- New in 2016, a fourth breakout session designed specifically for interdisciplinary care providers will focus on managing the post-operative care of cardiothoracic surgery patients;
- A “How I Teach It” session featuring expert speakers will address the challenges of teaching cardiothoracic operations; and
- A Legends Lecture by Mark B. Orringer, MD.
Be sure to check your inbox for STSA News in late-May for the full lineup of speakers and talks. Registration and housing for the STSA 63rd Annual Meeting will be available in mid-June. Learn more about the meeting at www.stsa.org/63rdannual. Contact STSA Headquarters at email@example.com or (312) 202-5892 with questions.