Educational Program & CME Credit
Download the STSA 62nd Annual Meeting Program Book for a full schedule of educational and social events and to review scientific paper abstracts.
Download the STSA 62nd Annual Meeting Program Book addendum, which includes program updates and corrections and a list of additional companies that you can visit in the exhibit hall.
The Southern Thoracic Surgical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. STSA designates the 62nd Annual Meeting for a maximum of 21.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The 62nd Annual Meeting evaluation and credit claim process will be electronic this year. Meeting attendees will receive additional instructions to login and begin evaluating/claiming credit in the coming days.
Overflow Hotels & Ground Transportation
STSA has arranged room blocks at several hotels to accommodate all of our participants. If you are staying at a hotel other than the official STSA hotel, the Disney Yacht & Beach Club, please note that transportation will not be provided. The Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort is located within walking distance of the Disney Yacht & Beach Club.
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club is located at 1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830. Orlando International Airport (MCO) is approximately 21 miles from Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. Cab fare is estimated at $65.00 one way. There are a variety of options for traveling to Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center:
- Taxis are readily available at all hotels.
- Taxis and private cars may be reserved in advance through Mears Transportation, Disney’s Preferred Transportation Provider. Please contact Mears Transportation at 855.463.2276, or make reservations online at www.mearstransportation.com.
- A special car rental rate has been negotiated for STSA meeting attendees through Hertz. Call 800.654.6777 or visit www.hertz.com to make a reservation. The STSA Annual Meeting discount code is Convention Number (CV#) 04XS0003.
Visit the registration desk, located in the Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center Asbury Lobby, to pick up your name badge, program book, and any social activity tickets.
Registration hours are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 4, 3:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Thursday, November 5, 6:30 am-5:00 pm
- Friday, November 6, 6:30 am-5:30 pm
- Saturday, November 7, 6:45 am-11:00 am
Visit the Exhibit Hall, located in Grand Harbor Ballroom South, to learn about the latest technical and medical advances available in the field.
Exhibit hours are as follows:
- Thursday, November 5, 12:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Friday, November 6, 6:45 am-11:30 am & 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
A JCTSE Residents Jeopardy Competition will take place inside the Exhibit Hall during meeting breaks on Friday afternoon from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm and 3:30 pm-4:00 pm.
Social Activities & Networking Opportunities
Plan to participate in the following special events:
- All Attendee Luncheon, Friday, November 6, 12:00 pm, Yacht Club Marina: STSA will host an All Attendee Luncheon on Friday, November 6, immediately following the General Session and Dr. Calhoon’s Presidential Address. Join STSA at the Yacht Club Marina at 12:00 pm. Dessert will be served inside the Exhibit Hall.
- Photo Opportunity! Minnie Mouse will be stationed outside of the Exhibit Hall beginning at 1:00 pm; she will be ready to pose for photos and sign autographs for you and your guests.
- President’s Mixer, Friday, November 6, 7:00 pm-10:00 pm, International Gateway: All meeting registrants receive two tickets to join STSA for the President’s Mixer on Friday evening from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm. The Mixer will conclude with dessert at Epcot®, where STSA will have a front-row seat for the 10:00 pm fireworks show.
- Tickets are required for entry to the President’s Mixer! Tickets will be collected at the entrance to the Mixer and are required for entry. Small children may accompany a ticket-holding adult. Additional tickets may be purchased at the registration desk for $25.
- Photo Opportunity! Mickey Mouse will be at the President’s Mixer to take photos and sign autographs for you and your guests.
- Golf Tournament, Saturday, November 7, 12:00 pm, Disney’s Palm & Magnolia Golf Courses: Purchase Golf Tournament tickets and sign up your foursome at the registration desk.
- Awards Dinner & Dance, Saturday, November 7, 7:00 pm-11:00 pm, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Grand Harbor Ballroom North: Conclude your 62nd Annual Meeting experience with the Annual Awards Dinner & Dance. 2015 Annual Meeting presenter award recipients will be announced, and a great band – comprised of your fellow CT surgeon colleagues – will play throughout the evening. Dress is black tie optional; attendees may also dress in costume in order to compete for best-, most originally-, or most-outlandishly dressed. Tickets are $100 each, and reduced-price children’s tickets are also available. Purchase tickets and/or sign up for a table at the registration desk.
Dining Options, Disney MagicBand, & Theme Park Tickets
Enjoy a wide variety of dining options at the Disney Yacht & Beach Club and in the nearby area. Reservations are strongly recommended. The STSA program includes an open lunch hour on Thursday, November 5. The nearest quick-service dining options to the meeting are the Beach Club Marketplace, Captain’s Grille, and Hurricane Hannah’s Waterside Bar & Grill.
Disney guests now receive wristbands that replace traditional hotel room keys. In addition to hotel room entry, Disney MagicBands allow you to enter theme parks (valid ticket required); book dining reservations; and charge food, merchandise, and recreation purchases to your room. Learn more and start planning your trip at www.mydisneymeetings.com/stsa2015.
Kids Sandcastle Club & Baby-sitting Options
Children ages 3 to 12 are invited to enjoy games, have complimentary dinner and snacks, watch Disney movies, and interact with other children their age. The Sandcastle Club is available daily from 4:30 pm-midnight for $15.00 per hour per child. Reserve online or by calling 407.939.3463. Learn more about the Kids Sandcastle Club.
Baby-sitting services are available through Disney’s Kid’s Nite Out. Reserve by calling 407.828.0920. Advance reservations are required. Learn more about Disney’s Kid’s Nite Out.
Business professional attire is suggested for STSA 62nd Annual Meeting sessions and events.
Contact STSA Headquarters with questions by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 800.685.7872.
Category: Annual Meeting